Beginners & Intermediates Bonsai Workshop
Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of Each Month
From 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Noon)
Price: $20.00 per Walk In Session OR $150.00 for 10 Non-Consecutive Pre-Paid Sessions
Walk Ins are Always Welcome!
Instructed by Tino De La Cruz in the Main Greenhouse
2021 Bonsai Workshop Schedule
January 2 & January 16
February 6 & February 20
March 6 & March 20
April 3 & April 17
May 1 & May 15
June 5 & June 19
July 3 & July 17
August 7 & August 21
September 4 & September 18
October 2 & October 16
November 6 & November 20
December 4 & December 18
All Participants Must:
1) Come to the nursery earlier if they don't already have their own bonsai tree and/or tools to get some before class starts.
2) Bring one or two trees that are either pre-bonsai or one that has been worked on, but has some challenging issues that they would like advice on.
3) Bring their own tools --- at least a pair of sharp fine tipped scissors.
4) Have looked pretty hard at their trees and have some improvement ideas already in mind.
5) Understand that these are hands-on workshop style classes. The instructor will work with each participant individually to arrive at a plan and then coach him or her on how to do it.
Bonsai Class Topics Covered:
Trimming and Branch Ramification
Repotting, Soil Preparation, Tool Care and Tool Sharpening
Air-Layering to Make a New Tree
Dig Up Tree from Ground and Pot It for Bonsai Training
Seasonal Bonsai Care: Watering, Fertilization, Sunlight Amounts and Pests
Restyling or Starting Over
Pot Style and Pot Selection
Creating a Bonsai from Nursery Stock
Air-Layer Separation and Replanting
Our goal is to lead participants to do all of the work on their trees.
However, if asked, the instructor will step in for difficult or risky steps.